Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Shipping The Golden Ticket

     It has been a few days since I received the amazing news that meds would be donated to me. Although the high has not worn off, it was time to start researching ways to get the meds to my house! The donor lives in New Jersey. According to Google Maps, we are 800 miles and 14 hours away. They all need to stay refrigerated and while I'm glad it's not summer, there still needs to be some type of ice packing going on. I went with this company I found on Amazon that specializes in shipping supplies for perishable goods. They showed examples of lasagna and cookies being shipped cross country and arriving cold as can be. I don't know if they ever thought that someone would be using their product to be shipping $5,000 worth of fertility drugs 800 miles, but I figured if they can keep grandma's lasagna safe, my meds will be good.

     Now that I had the receptacle fashioned, I had to start looking into shipping costs. Never in my life did I think that overnight shipping would cost so much! It looks like it will cost about $150 just to ship this little package! As my mom would say, "Holy sugarbooger!" I guess it's worth it to save $5,000, though. So, I won't complain too much.

    So, it looks like the supplies will arrive at the donor's house early next week and the meds should arrive on time to start my next cycle. Thankfully, I started this process well ahead of time in preparation for any set backs. See, guys, I'm not a procrastinator with EVERYTHING:)

No comments:

Post a Comment