Thursday, January 12, 2012

And It Begins - CD1

     In the infertility world, every day is referred to as a "cycle day". Well, because I started my period, today is CD1. Three months from today, I will either be pregnant or celebrating the end of our journey by drinking as much coffee as I want. Doesn't seem so scandalous, but when you are TTC, coffee is a big no no. I might add a cigarette just because I can. Either way, I will be feeling very relieved that there is a conclusion.
     I do have to say that this is the most excited I have ever been to start my period. I have always been interested in medical "stuff" and I am just going to look at my body as a giant science experiment. My hypothesis? Well, I have no idea. I do know, the more relaxed I am the better results I will have.
     To stay relaxed, I will be doing acupuncture, massage, and avoiding situations that will add any kind of stress to my life. Mom, this means that I will not be helping you clean out any of your cabinets. I will also be watching as many funny movies as I can this month. Much to Jim's dismay, this will probably include a lot of terrible romantic comedies. Most of which will contain Meg Ryan.
     I already have an ultrasound and blood work appointment set up for tomorrow. The ultrasound is looking for any cysts that may have formed. The blood work is checking to make sure I'm not turning into a werewolf. I'll keep this updated often. Let the games begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment