Sunday, January 22, 2012

CD 10 - Trigger Time!

     This actually happened last night, but 10:15 pm might as well be 2 am for us. I had to wake Jim up from a dead sleep to stab me in the ass with a needle. After that, I didn't feel much like lingering on the couch with my rear in the air long enough to write a post.
     Moving on, I prepped the needle at 10:05. Here is a picture tutorial:

This is the complete package. I got a bottle of sterilized water,
a bottle of powdered medicine, a syringe with a mixing needle,
and a needle for injection.



First, I had to get 1cc of water out of the sterilized water bottle.



Then, I had to insert the water into the powdered medicine bottle.



This is the medicine all mixed up.



Then, I had to switch the needles on the syringe and pull all the medicine into the syringe.


 
The pic on the left is the needle all prepped. The pic on the right is the Follistim needle. You can see the obvious difference in length. The needle is so much longer so it can reach the muscle. The Follistim needle is to go into fat, so it is shorter.

   
     When  I got the needle all prepped, I had to wake my sleeping beauty and give him the instructions. All he knew was that it was going in my butt cheek. After telling him what to do, he immediately looked worried. I laid on the couch, ass up, and showed him where to grab and stab.
     Luckily, Jim was on the ball and reminded me that I needed an alcohol swab. Oh yeah, forgot that part. So, after I was disinfected, Jim grabbed a chunk of flesh and held the needle about 6 inches away and said, "I don't think I can do this." I gave him a pep talk and we started again. This happened about 5 times before he actually stuck me.
     I was actually surprised at how little it hurt. I barely felt the needle and Jim did a great job! When it was done, I got up to fix myself some tea. As I walked, it got a bit sore. It felt like a charlie horse and I soon learned that sitting was not an option. That's when I ditched the tea and opted for bed instead.
    Today, I'm feeling pretty good. The spot is a bit sore and I have a small bruise, but not that's not so bad. I can definitely feel something cooking in there. I have been having cramping on my right side for the past few days and it has actually intensified. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.
     I have to say that I'm a bit worried I will ovulate early and miss the window. I'm hoping they'll do another ultrasound tomorrow to be sure. Thanks for reading!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment