Monday, March 12, 2012

CD8 - Follie Check #1

     YES! Four follies! I couldn't be happier. Everything looked amazing. I have 4 follies ranging in sizes from 11m-16mm. They say anything over 15 is considered mature. But, anything between 18-22 is best.
     I was surprised to see that there were 3 on my right side and only 1 on my left. I know that lefty is a bit lazy, but I really didn't think righty would have so many.
     I was told that they grow between 1-2mm a day. I go back on Wednesday for another check. If that biggest one is at 20mm I will trigger that night and have the IUI on Friday morning, CD 12. If it is bigger than 20, I will trigger in the office on Wed morning and have the IUI on Thursday afternoon, CD11.
     I am up for either option, as long as at least 3 follies show up for the race. If I have 3 follies ranging in sizes between 16-20, I will be running and jumping in the streets...well, maybe just the parking lot. If I have 4, all hell will break loose.
     I feel so much better this cycle. No anxiety, no second thoughts, no what ifs. I feel like this is the best we've been and things are falling into place.
     Also, I had a substitute doctor today and she was kind enough to give me a complete tour of my reproductive system. She was very patient with me and explained EVERYTHING! I loved it. It was a lesson in biology and I was the specimen. I love doctors who don't assume that I know enough. I want to know and see EVERYTHING. She informed me that my lining has 3 layers (perfect) and is at an 8.5mm. They like to see it above an 8, so everything is great there, as well.
    I walked, no skipped, out of my appointment more positive than I ever have been. To quote The Simpsons, "Everything's coming up Milhouse!"
     More on Wednesday. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment